POSITION: Scheduling Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Dr. Shefiu Shittu
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of the Scheduling Coordinator is to perform the staffing functions in accordance with proper systems and create and maintain relationships with the physicians and hospitals. Demonstrates a professional company image through interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management, staff, and physicians.
ORGANIZATIONAL STATUS: Full-Time
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: The Scheduling Coordinator works closely with the Daily Care Solutions independently contracted physicians and multi-departmental hospital staffs at various contracted hospitals. The hospital staffs include, but are not limited to, physician recruitment in the locum and hospitalist services. Company internal relationships include team members in the credentialing department, scheduler, travel coordinator, and invoice specialist.
• Manage and understand individual physician schedules, while simultaneously working on other dates, physicians, and locations.
• Understand, utilize, and update different databases (Qgenda and Deskflow)
• Communicate effectively with the physicians to relay confirmations, cancellations, and additions to their schedules.
• Hold self-accountable to ensure Daily Care Solutions and Scheduling goals are met. Take ownership to understand and resolve issues.
• Maintain and update hospital reports for the correct contact.
• Send provider and hospital confirmations via adobe esign and via email through a pdf.
• Understand and assist in the travel process when needed.
• Perform additional assigned projects (scheduling and/ or team projects) that may come up as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent
• At least 1 year of clerical experience in the medical field with knowledge in medical terminology and/or at least 1 year of credentialing experience preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Self-motivated, determined, and willing to learn/adapt to new processes or changes
• Ability to take on multiple tasks and prioritize work responsibilities
• Ability to work under pressure and meet specific deadlines
• Skill in problem solving
• Skill in verbal and written communication
• Skill in time management
• Ability to sit in upright position for extended hours in an office setting, with some walking and standing
• Ability to work extended hours on monitors with more than one screens
• Ability to reach and lift office supplies from 5 to 10 pounds
Work Environment: Office-Setting; cubicle space
Copyright © Daily Care Solutions